We often get the question: "Is your dashboard done?" HA! Our dashboard is never done. You subscribe once, you get new features all the time. That's how Software as a Service works!
This time we've added a new section inside the Media Kit report that can be very useful when you need to design new social media strategies. This new section is called Branded vs Unbranded posts and it provides information about the potential opportunity to create more inventory for sponsorship, and thus more revenue. Another way to phrase it is that it answers the question "What is the whitespace for our sponsorship team? How can we improve our exposure while still pumping out engaging content that our fans love?" Okay that's two questions. Hey! Someone better learn to count around here! That's what we do!!!!!
The first table in this new section shows you the number and the percentage of your posts that give visibility to brands on your social channels. It also includes information about the economic value of both types of post, branded and unbranded.
In the above example, we see a team that shared ten posts on Instagram during the selected time period. Just 30% of that content gave exposure to brands. That exposure had a value of $12,800. The remaining 70% was valued in approximately $32,000.
The second table shows the same information, but now it's filtered not by social channel, but by content type: images, videos or simply text. We can easily see that there were 54 posts that only included text, and they got a lower engagement (and thus a lower valuation) than those with images and videos. We can also see that 28% of all image posts got exposure for brands, while the same can be said for 20% of all video posts.
The main purpose of the Media Kit report is to provide our customers with detailed information about the performance of their social media content. The inclusion of this new section helps them work closely with their sponsorship team to devise media strategies that balance the visibility they give to their partners. Sounds like something your organization might need? Get in touch!