Blinkfire’s 5-4-3-2-1: May 13, 2022
Blinkfire’s 5–4–3–2–1 is a weekly email that comes out every Friday. With all the cool information in the Blinkfire platform, we want to spread the wealth with fun, shareable social media posts, content series, TikToks, insights, and more. Enjoy!
5 sports stories
A busy week of sports news, including F1’s Miami race, the Kentucky Derby underdog, and EA Sports and FIFA parting ways.
1. Rich Strike (at 80-1 odds!) wins the Kentucky Derby
2. EA Sports and FIFA end their 30 year partnership
On Tuesday, EA Sports and FIFA will end their 30 year partnership, and that the 2023 game would be part of a new series called EA Sports FC. EA rallied the troops, as in some of the top soccer teams and players in the world, across social media to post “We are in the club” or “Join the Club” with the hashtag #EASportsFC.
3. Max Verstappen wins Miami Grand Prix
4. Manchester City lands Erling Haaland
5. Carlos Alcaraz wins the Madrid Mutua Open
At 19 years old, Spaniard Carlos Alcarez won the Madrid Mutua Open on Sunday. He also became the youngest player since 1990 to get three wins Top 5 wins!
4 NBA & NHL playoff teams winning on social media
The NBA Eastern and Western Conference Semifinals are underway as is the first and second rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Blinkfire is lucky enough to have customers playing in both, so we wanted to highlight a few teams doing a great job on social media.
1. Memphis Grizzlies x Cintron for player arrival graphics
2. Dallas Mavericks x Hotels.com for travel graphics
3. Tampa Bay Lightning victory celebration and passive exposure for dasher board sponsors
4. Boston Bruins goal celebration and passive exposure for helmet sponsor TD Bank
3 F1 social media stats
With the highly anticipated Miami GP over the weekend, we looked at Blinkfire’s Global Ranking for F1 during the race and this season (based on total engagement) as well as and Max Verstappen’s follower increase.
1. F1 Global Ranking — Miami GP Race Weekend
2. F1 Global Ranking — 2022 Season
3. Max Verstappen’s Instagram followers
Following Verstappen’s win in Miami, he gained close to 38K followers on Instagram.
2 partnership announcements
More partnership were announced this week, and we’re highlighting two: MLB and Sorare, an NFT gaming company, and Giants Gaming and Sony.
1. MLB x Sorare
1 insight to share
We pulled some April 2022 data from inside Blinkfire based on sponsorship and social media numbers. Today’s insight: Top 5 Social Platforms based on average video views per post. Enjoy!
Interested in learning more about Blinkfire Analytics and how you can power your social media, partnerships, and BI teams? We’re here to help — shoot us a note.
Want to get this email in your inbox? So do we! Subscribe today.